Social Media Alternatives & MacOS 13
Elon Musk has purchased Twitter? Wow…we all must be super excited about that! Well, not really…so maybe it is time to talk about alternatives for your twitter-like fix. Alan breaks down some of the possible alternatives for Twitter, their potential and limitations, and what to be on the lookout for if you are trying to make the switch. In addition, we get an update on MacOS 13 (Ventura) and whether it is worth the upgrade at this point…as well as bring a couple of BiTs to the table. A lot packed in an hour…give or take.
Products/services discussed in this episode:
- Mastadon: The current front-runner for a Twitter replacement…but there are some quirks.
- Counter.Social: Social media option with “no trolls, no abuse, no ads, no fake news…”, but no users? Virtual reality as well?
- Tribel: Social media option with some nice features/claims (morality, bigotry-free), but not quite the following.
- Tyme: Time tracker for those who need to track time spent on multiple projects.
- Inateck External Had Drive Reader: Provides ability to read from an internal hard drive…even when it is not internal anymore.
Alan Jackson (the older Brother) is a producer of online content with Jackson Creative and survey researcher with Jackson Insight.
Brian Jackson (the younger Brother) is an Associate Professor of Kinesiology at Pacific University and Product Director/Consultant at Senaptec, Inc.
Have any feedback for the Brothers regarding this topic (or future topics)? Visit www.Brothers-In-Tech.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.