Brothers in Tech: The Internet in Your Home
As many of us transition to working from home, internet access is a premium. In the main episode of their fourth topic, the Brothers discuss provide an overview of internet service, including types, costs, speeds, and most importantly…what is needed to stream from Netflix.
- Check your internet speeds at different times of the day to determine whether you are getting the speeds that you are paying for and if there are slow/fast times of the day. Although there are several options, SpeedTest is recommended.
In addition, the “BiTS” (Brothers in Tech Suggestions):
- Brian’s Picks (yes, he went the extra mile and provided two…)
- Call your internet provider to determine what internet services/offers are available for you. Be sure to check your upload speeds if you are doing a lot of videoconferencing. You may even save money!
- SpeedTest (app) will allow you to run the speed test from your computer/device without visiting the website AND save your test results for analysis.
- Alan’s Pick (only one…but it is a self-proclaimed “MegaBiT”) = NetSpot is an app that will let you map your home wifi to determine where the strong/weak spots are located. Helpful when determining where to place routers/satellites/devices. $49 for a single user license, but included in SetApp subscription.
Have any feedback for the Brothers regarding this topic (or future topics)? Email email@example.com